Quarantines are ordered by the Department of Health when an individual has either tested positive for COVID-19 or been identified as a close contact with a positive individual. Quarantines are mandatory and cannot end early with a negative COVID-19 test result.
Children placed on quarantined because they have been identified as a Close Contact or because they have tested positive for COVID-19, should:
- Stay at home except to receive medical care
- Not go to parks, stores, restaurants, etc.
- Separate from others in the home where possible
- Have their health monitored for COVID-19 symptoms
- Stay away from high-risk family members, including grandparents and those with underlying health conditions
Check out this great resource for more information: RRPS Student Close Contact & Quarantine Information Sheet